JESUS IN THE QURAN MINISTRY ORGANIZATION EXPOSED
Dr. Robert Morey, PhD (Islamic Studies) and author of Islamic Invasion and How to Win the War Against Radical Islam (www.faithdefenders.com). Review of “Jesus in the Quran” website and organization.
1. The Apostle Paul warned us against those who preach “another Jesus” and “another gospel” supposedly from “another Spirit.” 2 Cor. 11:4; Gal. 1:8-9) The cults and occult use the words “Jesus,” “gospel,” and “Holy Spirit” BUT with radically different definitions of those terms. The Bible warns us not to be naive in believing that just because someone uses the same word we use that they define it the same way we do.
2. The “Isa” of the Qur’an is a false “Jesus” who was not God manifested in the flesh, the Son of the living God, the second person of the Holy Trinity, who died on the cross as atonement for HIs people, the only mediator and savior of the world.
3. The Isa of the Qur’an was only a mere man, a prophet, who was inferior to Muhammad. Thus one of the “pillars” of Islam confesses that “Muhammad is the apostle and prophet of Allah,” not Isa.
4. The “Jesus in the Qur’an” organization is either naive or deceptive in pretending that the biblical Jesus can be found in the Qur’an. He is not mentioned in a single verse in the Qur’an, except in the negative where it rejects the Jesus of the Bible who was the Son of God who died on the cross. The biblical Jesus is rejected and another Jesus is substituted in his place.
5. If you go to the statement of belief on their website you will not find a single reference to the Trinity or the deity of Christ or his death on the cross or his bodily resurrection. The Mormons, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, etc. would subscript to the vacuous statement about believing in the Bible, etc. that are listed. THE EXACT ISSUES OF THE TRIUNE NATURE OF GOD AND THE PERSON AND WORK OF CHRIST THAT SEPARATES ISLAM FROM CHRISTIANITY ARE NOT MENTIONED!!!!!
6. In John 19:38, John refers to those who claimed to be “secret” disciples of Jesus. Out of “fear of the Jews” they did not make public their belief in Jesus. According to ALL commentators, they are not praised but condemned for failing to confess Jesus before men. This was later made mandatory for salvation in Mat. 10:32-33; Rom. 10:9. Baptism is the public confession of Christ before the world.
7. The reason WHY people rationalize being a secret disciple of Jesus is in the name of “peace,” i.e. to keep peace in their family, community or nation. This was specially condemned by Jesus in Mat. 10:34-39.
“34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.”
8 . The basis of the “Jesus in the Qur’an” ministry is to make PEACE between Muslims and Christians by making room for SECRET disciples of Jesus in the kingdom of God. This is a direct contradiction of Matt. 10:32-39.
9. The two secret “Muslim” disciples of Jesus who try to remain PUBLICY Muslims and SECRETLY disciples of Jesus do not give their names. Why not? They are afraid of being killed!! When and where did these so-called disciples of Jesus get publicly baptized? I doubt they were. If they received secret baptism instead of public baptism, they were not baptized at all because baptism is the PUBLIC announcement that you are a disciple of Jesus before your family and community.
10. In conclusion, the “Jesus in the Qur’an” is another attempt to make a “Chrislam” religion that combines both religions in the name of peace. Jesus and the apostles all condemned such an approach.